Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

All of the food at this years thanksgiving turned out exactly like we hoped and expected. That might be a first. I did not take pictures this year, though. Not even of Rosalind. I thought it would be great fun to feed her her first thanksgiving meal, but possibly due to a returning (for the third time!) ear infection she was not into food. She spit out a bite of mashed potatoes and that was pretty much the extent of it.

As a kid I tormented my parents every thanksgiving over tradition. We had to use the good dishes that stayed in the china cabinet and fold up real cloth napkins and put candles in the middle of the table. I was insistent, and they obliged. Due to a complete lack of chairs or space, we ate this years meal around the coffee table...off of paper plates. I have to admit, it didn't make the food any less tasty and I was pleased with the easier clean up. A successful holiday for us. Hope yours was as well. Now for some pie...

No comments: