Sunday, April 18, 2010

What We Did Last Week

Dawn: Last week was Benchmark testing at the middle school. I walked silently around the room for hours every morning with periodic breaks to read the directions verbatim. If I had messed up this routine at all then I could have lost my teaching license. They are a little nutty about these things at the state level. Every afternoon we let the kids have free time at the gym and I used that time to brutally defeat 7th and 8th graders at dodgeball. I take crazy pleasure in beating them. An unhealthy amount of pleasure.

Rosalind: Rosalind learned to clap during patty cake, lost a shoe at daycare, and was so worn out most days that she would take a short nap after I picked her up and then went to bed by 6:30. Our quality time together these days is short. On Friday night she puked like an adult a few times and then woke up the next day with a fever. Otherwise she seems totally happy and healthy. Babies are confusing.

Sergio: I don't really know what Sergio did last week while he was in Helena. Law stuff. Yesterday he and his friends had MAN DAY. MAN DAY was actually Sam's bachelor party. They played golf, went bowling, ate wings, and played shuffleboard. So if you were wondering what happens on MAN DAY it seems to be chock full of slightly drunk competition.

No comments: