Saturday, September 15, 2007

Unrelated Topics

I kind of want to talk about how the student teaching is going here on the blog, but I don't think that would be wise. One day I will need a job and wouldn't want anything incriminating here. Not that it is going badly or anything, but the only way to talk about it in an interesting manner would require some amount of privacy violation. Oh well. Overall I haven't done much of anything except watch. What have I learned? 12 year olds are the most intimidating people on Earth. Intimidation is like an art form to them, or a complicated dance.
One, Two, Snide Comment and Whisper to Friend, Five, Six, Giggle and Point.

Eliot got attacked at the dog park today. It was that sort of slow-motion awful moment where all sound drops away and all you can hear is your poor little dog screaming like a small child as he runs around in terror and your husband yelling to nobody in particular, "Heeey, Whaaat the heeellll (cuz its slow motion). First some large dog went after him and then nearly every other dog in the park decided it looked like fun and ran after them both biting Eliot's back legs. It probably looked comical from far away, 30 dogs chasing a panicked yelping poodle while 30 humans chased the dogs in circles. But it wasn't really. Afterward Eliot hung limp in my arms while little girls swarmed him to see if he was ok. I knew he was in shock when he let them touch him. Other than emotional damage he seems fine except for a scratched eye. To add even more insult to the event, he had to have a bath when he got home which he probably thought was punishment. On the bright side, I got to see Sergio in full Lawyer Mode, which is always fun.

Has anyone seen the South Park episode where Cartman gets trained by the Dog Whisperer? I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats awful, I hope he'll be ok. What did the owners say. Did you threaten to sue son.

Love Mom