Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not Quite the Inner City Experience I Requested

Ms. M: "Everyone have a good weekend, see you Monday."
Student E: "I CAN"T have a good weekend! My dad told me this morning that as soon as I got out of school we were going out to eat and then to the mall. I just want to go home and watch TV."
Me quietly to Ms. M: "I wish someone were taking me to dinner and then shopping."
Ms. M: "No kidding!"

Five minutes later

Student S: "Ms. M I need to you to sign this sheet for me so I can go on my family ski trip. Actually, I wish you wouldn't. I HATE skiing. I wish my parents weren't making me go.
Me quietly to Ms. M: "I wish someone were taking me skiing."
Ms. M: "Me too"
Student S: "I don't want to ski...I just want to stay home with my pony."

And then my eyes crossed and blood started trickling out of my ears.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Where are you working now? Beverly Hills??