Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm Writing About Hazardous Waste Law

So I’m sitting in Starbucks working on my final paper for law school and out of the corner of my eye I see a bright orange jumpsuit. This of course caught my attention, as I turned my head to fully appreciate the glory of the jumpsuit I realized it was a Hooters waitress’ outfit. Obviously this makes the jumpsuit less interesting because now there is a reason for it and well I’m only interested in jumpsuits worn by people who understand you don’t need no reason to wear a jumpsuit. In any case, I was about to return to my paper when the door furthest away from the jumpsuit clad waitress opened and in came an employee from Buffalo Wild Wings. I almost spit out my coffee. Maybe it was my imagination or maybe it really happened but for a second I swear their eyes met in an across-the-Starbucks-Chicken-Wing-Waitress-Showdown. For that split second I pondered on which Uniformed Chicken Pusher would attack first. But to my surprise they simultaneously gave each other the head nod, like you often see teenage guys give each other because they are too cool or akward to say anything of even shake hands. Anyways I took this head nod to mean something more, it was a sign of mutual respect, a split second commiseration, they both knew what it was to serve the wing. As I said, this fraction of a second acknowledgment might not have actually have happened, but I like to think that it did.

No comments: