Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blog Spew

We are in Pocahontas this weekend. We came over so that Sergio's family could meet Rosalind, but also so that Sergio could participate in an Alumni flag football fundraiser tournament thingy. This is why I am sitting here now covered in mosquito bites and a sunburn. Don't worry, Rosalind stayed home with the grandparents.

We don't have internet at the house and when we go out in public to get some it is a strange game where one of us keeps Rosalind happy while the other manically fills out job applications and emails cover letters. Not really a situation where we can update the blog at all. Hopefully that can all change fairly soon.
So here are some updates in bullet points. Ah, bullet points...because babies are a time suck.

*Rosalind turned two months old on the 23rd. The second month is a lot more fun than the first. She smiles all the time now. No more looking at each other and asking if we thought that was a smile or not. Now we know. And it is remarkably easy to get her to smile. In fact, sometimes the best way is to leave her alone in the crib looking at her mobile. Then she just grins and coos and has a downright good time. For about twenty minutes. Not that I am complaining. I will take any twenty minutes I can get. She is getting better and better about entertaining herself for awhile here and there. This is good because I was beginning to think I might have to carry her to and from college classes one day. Rosalind also adores being outside. If all of our other tricks fail when she is in a real tizzy, then we take her outside. This has resulted in more than one restaurant meal being abandoned until cold while one of us walks with her outside. She nearly always picks mealtime to be a brat. I could go on and on about all of her newest developments, and I might in a future post, but I will move on for now. Oh, the strangest thing she has learned is the squeal/scream. She sounds like a preteen playing Bloody Mary at a sleepover. She sounds this way when she is both happy and sad. Either way, it is startling.

*Our friends gave us a baby shower not long after we got back. This also deserves its own post with pictures. There were awesome little cupcakes and candy bars with customized Rosalind Cate wrappers. The whole thing was amazing and we have really great friends.

*Sergio began Bar Review courses. I get the idea that these are not very exciting.

*The job hunts continue. We are all about nepotism and calling in favors, so don't be shy if you know anyone. You think I am joking, but I'm not.

*My eight month old niece, Emma, can walk. Obviously she is advanced. We have a video, but not on this computer. Hopefully I can post that soon.

*My other niece, Samantha, turned nine. This makes me very nearly old.

*We watched Sergio's law school graduation online sitting in the parking lot of Atlanta Bread Company. I think I am far more sad than he is that this will be his memory of law school graduation. It was nice to get to see all of our Oregon friends graduate. Congratulations to those of you who read the blog, which I think is just Josh. Hi, Josh! And congratulations to Sergio. I am very proud of you.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

One of the guys landon was operating with the other day was trying to get him to apply to a trauma fellowship in Portland.
I don't think we'd fit in very well.