Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cleaning Is Decidedly Not My Talent

When you go into teaching you really hope that you will get your own classroom one day. Most schools are so overcrowded that new teachers put their supplies on a cart and squat in other teachers rooms for awhile, dreaming about how they will decorate one day when the room is theirs.

I, on the other hand, am taking over for a person who had two classrooms. One in the middle school and one in the high school. Through no fault of this person he had to leave them completely as is for me to take over. This means I have to clean 32 years worth of stuff out of TWO classrooms.

Careful what you wish for.

I have been wondering if it is excusable to have students do my filing the first day of school, since I have hardly been able to to look at planning lessons yet. I am thinking that might be frowned upon.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So first day lessons...useful job skills. Talk about overwhelming!!