Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Insert Clever Title Here

Hello. How is everyone today? It seems like time to post something new, so after some scrounging in the cobwebby parts of my brain, I have come up with a few things to mention.

First of all, here are some pictures I recieved in the mail last week that made me a helpless puddle of homesick. I wish I had the picture of my brother around this age when he is wearing a little brown and white baby outfit with an embroidered clock on it and looking off in the distance just like this, because they look so much alike. You'll just have to take my word for it.



























Missing teeth











David also had his heart surgery this morning and everything went as well as could be hoped. He will be in the hospital for a few more days for recovery, and hopefully everything will continue smoothly. Think good thoughts for him.

In other news, Portland doesn't seem to want anything I have to offer. On Sunday I tried to donate blood and vote and was thwarted at both. Portland makes it so hard to do your civic duty. I was mailed a ballot for the wrong district and didn't have an ID on me for the blood donation, which was a fiasco the whole way through and I eventually had to hide from the Red Cross recruiter.

Someone started a contest on another blog that asks people to try to post everyday in November. I didn't sign up but I think it is an interesting idea. I think we might give it a shot. Be prepared for some really boring posts. There will be more trivia and we expect comments.

It is cold here.

No comments: