Monday, April 06, 2009

Fat Man in A Little Shirt





Yesterday I completed the Fast and Furious Duathlon, and because I understand that the audience of this blog is now fully focused on a certain infant I will be brief in my description. The format was a 2 mile run, then an 11 mile bike ride, another 2 mile run, and finally another 11 mile bike ride. My total time was 1 hour 52 minutes and 32 seconds, I placed 82nd out of 153, all four miles were each run in approximately 8.5 minutes, and I averaged 37 minutes per bike ride. The wind was the culprit for the slow bike times, it was a gale, anyways I finished in the middle of the pack and was proud and happy to do so. Oh, and one anecdote. I began the race by getting my shoe stepped on, it flew off, was kicked by someone, and so I began the race in dead last on my butt putting on my shoe.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

That's awesome! I used to run 5ks regularly (not quite a duathlon) and it's such a rush to finish. And it's fun getting all the t-shirts.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could of been there! We are very proud of you son. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Eugenio

Der Fanatiker said...

Way to go man. I can't imagine. You lost me at "first you run 2 miles, then..." It was the then that did it.