Monday, March 08, 2010

Changes

Thought I should do a quick check-in with the blog. We have been busy here lately and neglectful of the blog. I can't even really offer you pictures of Rosalind as the camera has needed recharging since Christmas. So here is a brief rundown of our lives the last few weeks.

We found a tiny rental house with a fenced backyard right in the middle of town, which is our favorite place to be. The house was in a right state, and we offered to paint and clean it if we could be reimbursed. So we painted the murky, dirty peach and blue walls a clean "Willow Branch" color (pale sage green?), and Rosalind's room "Pineapple Delight" (yellow). After recarpeting and cleaning, the house turned out quite adorable and fits our needs much better than our last place. No dishwasher, but the washer and dryer are no longer in the basement. It's a trade-off.

Fayetteville ordinance says you can have a certain number of laying hens in the city limits as long as you follow certain guidelines. We now own Nellie and Millie and they are laying up a storm in a red tin-roofed coop in the backyard. It is quite adorable. Yes, I did name my chickens for television and movie characters that live on farms. Nellie is the fat chicken and Millie is the skinny one because obviously the letter e is fatter than the letter i. This is how my brain works.

In the meantime, Sergio was watching Rosalind and continuing to look for a more secure position than his own business could offer. Two weeks after settling in to this house he got a call for an interview.....in Helena, Arkansas. Did not see that coming.

We took an unexpected trip there this past weekend so that he could interview for the position. We were pleasantly surprised by what we found in the town, granted, our expectations were not high. Today, Sergio was offered the job. He will be an attorney in Helena, Ar. Getting a job in the field you went to school for is such a wonderful feeling. After many months of borderline struggle it is so nice to be looking at this opportunity.

So, Sergio will be moved by next Monday. Rosalind and I will be here for at least the next three months. Come on by and visit anytime as a toddler lacks advanced communication skills and I might need adult conversation every now and again.

If anybody is still out there I would encourage you to check back in more frequently starting next week. I have a feeling the blog might get more attention starting Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HALALUYAH, I Think thats how you spell it. Congratulations.

Retha

Nikki said...

I'll chat with you anytime :) I suppose I should really take advantage of these next three months; perhaps the weather will get warm again after this week. Then we can take walks around Wilson Park with Rosalind again!

Wendy said...

I lived in Helena for 2 years. Very interesting place. Congratulations to Sergio. You know, there are a few KIPP schools there...just a thought. I am so glad that I found your blog. Looking forward to reading it.

Wendy

Der Fanatiker said...

It's Hallelujah. Oh, and congrats!