Friday, August 29, 2008

A Story He Will Hear a Lot as an Adult, I Bet.

My nephew is not a fan of the spotlight. He walks away with a little smirk on his face if you ask him to tell you what the cow says or to show you his nose, and he absolutely refuses to call my father Gramps. He knows everyone wants it too much. Nobody can understand not wanting center stage quite like me, so I leave him alone about the whole thing. We were all sitting at dinner the other day when David starts yelling right at me at the top of his lungs.

"Shut yo mouth and watch TV"

And he would point dramatically at the end. I laughed so hard I cried and David decided he liked that.

"Shut yo mouth and watch TV" Glare and Point.
"Shut yo mouth and watch TV" Glare and Point
"Shut yo mouth and watch TV" and then he clapped his hands together, bowed his head, closed his eyes and said, "Amen."
And we all lost it even more.

I just want to make sure I remember that a long time from now.

No comments: